My Records, My Choice

If you made an IAP or ADR claim for compensation for residential school abuse, the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement says that you can save your IAP or ADR records for history, public education and research at the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation (NCTR).

The IAP is the Independent Assessment Process for compensation claims of abuse at residential schools. The ADR was the earlier Alternative Dispute Resolution process.

For more information, please visit 

If you are feeling pain or distress because of your residential school experiences, please call the free 24-hour crisis line: 1-866-925-4419